Anything I can do with my 2wd?

scottha16

I just got an 89 XE-V6 2wd Pathfinder, and i was wondering if there was anything i can to it to make it more geared for offroad. Iv already lifted the body 3 inches and plan to get some larger tires but anything engine wise or performance wise?

Guest NissanD21man

Where are you from scottha16? I thought they didn't start making 2wd 'finders until the mid '90s (in the US). Is your truck a 2 door? If you don't have a limited-slip differential, adding one would be a big help. Then at least if you got one wheel into some muck, you would have 2wd instead of 1wd :D The limited slips can be identified by an orange sticker on the back of the diff that says "LSD" My one musician/hippie friend got a real kick out of the sticker on mine, hehe. "No Budd, don't taste the gear oil, it stands for Limited Slip Differential."

A rear diff locker will help you infinitely more than anything else in your case. Then the bigger tires, body lift and the driver will make more of a difference than anything. A K&N filter, good exhaust and properly maintained engine will keep you rolling with little to wish for unless you want more, in which case you'd better be looking a bit harder. ;)

Where are you from scottha16?  I thought they didn't start making 2wd 'finders until the mid '90s (in the US).  Is your truck a 2 door?  If you don't have a limited-slip differential, adding one would be a big help.  Then at least if you got one wheel into some muck, you would have 2wd instead of 1wd  :D  The limited slips can be identified by an orange sticker on the back of the diff that says "LSD"  My one musician/hippie friend got a real kick out of the sticker on mine, hehe.  "No Budd, don't taste the gear oil, it stands for Limited Slip Differential."

Im from Augusta Georgia, and im 17. My mom got me the Pathfinder for my 17th birthday after seeing this website. Yes its a 2 door, and after a little researching my pathy is actually the first 2wd they made. Is limited slip differential same thing as rear differential lock? I know my friends tacoma has rear diff lock and its save his hiney alot of times. And if so is there a kit I could order? I also just ordered a K&N to replace my current filter, and im gonna get rid of these stock tires.

• 3 weeks later...