In Need Of help Sub and amp install

pb4life08

Im trying to install a sub and amp in my 2002 pathfinder...i just need help in where to fish the Power cable from the battery to the firewall...I just cant find any place in the firewall that i can fish the wire through at all...If someone could help, pictures would be a plus, and thanks in advance....

If your pathfinder is an automatic, beside the brake master there is a block off plate where the clutch master cyl would go. Unbolt it and drill a hole in it, then re-install and fish your power cable through. Don't forget to use a grommet or peice of tube to insulate the wire from the metal edges of your hole.

pass it through the hole where the main wiring loom runs through. if you're in the driver footwell, it's above and to the right of the gas pedal, and quite a way's up. from the engine bay, it's way behind the engine, maybe in the center, but a foot or so down from the cowl. you'll have to be pretty flexible to get to it, but it's a big opening and it's where i run all my aftermarket wiring (compressor switch, fogs, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

DEFINITELY go for the clutch master cylinder hole if you have an auto. I've wired up two of my pathy's now using that spot. i'm running HUGE 0/1 gauge welding cable since it's powering two 2500watt amps. You don't need to drill anything. just unbolt, i think there's two nuts on the inside of the engine compartment and then 1 attached to a bracket on the inside of the footwell in the cab.

I didn't put anything back in there and don't find any problems with it, you don't ahve to drill anything, just leave the small blocking plate out. Drive thru lots of puddles and no water leaks in or anything like that. For sure use a grommet because the metal there is kind of sharp and will work it's way through the wire jacket.