tire size

chunlee

im sure this is the gazillionth time this question has come up, but i read the threads and couldnt get the answer i was looking for. the question is what is a good tire size to go with, with the ac lift and i wanna keep my stock wheels? i was thinking 265/75/16's will these clear the strut? will i need wheel spacers? or is this a bad size all together. thanks in advance

im sure this is the gazillionth time this question has come up, but i read the threads and couldnt get the answer i was looking for. the question is what is a good tire size to go with, with the ac lift and i wanna keep my stock wheels? i was thinking 265/75/16's will these clear the strut? will i need wheel spacers? or is this a bad size all together. thanks in advance

I think the best thing to do sometimes is get under your truck and see where your current tire sits vs. the lower spring perch on the strut. I could tell to go any size bigger I needed to add a wheel adapter, and now I can easily fit much larger sizes since I am no lunger under the perch...

when I joined this forum, this was one of my first questions... I basically tried go gather real life exemples from the other members... I would say it almost worked completely... I doubt you'll find the exact answer to your question, but still you'll get to see a few exemples here : http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19867

for what it is worth, I will be doing the exact same thing as you during this winter (ac lift and put biggest tire on OE wheels)... if you're not in a hurry, i'll post my modifs as I go along...

S.