Supercharged VG30i

MatterHorn

On the topic of superchargers do you think this does anything or is this the same as the chip you can get at radio shack?

Nope, I hear those are crap as well. They may be able to generate faster or swirling airflow, but what they can't do is compress the air like a super- or turbocharger can do. From what I've read, the gain you see from these things and those electic fan "turbochargers" is nominal at best, and often the blades slow and restrict the airflow rather than helping.

Nope, I hear those are crap as well. They may be able to generate faster or swirling airflow, but what they can't do is compress the air like a super- or turbocharger can do. From what I've read, the gain you see from these things and those electic fan "turbochargers" is nominal at best, and often the blades slow and restrict the airflow rather than helping.

if your not creating a positive pressure, you aren't going to boost horsepower ... thats kinda like the electric leaf blower I saw hooked up to some crappy car with a power inverter... :rolleyes:

I got FOUR WHEELER Mag a couple of weeks ago.(Aug. issue)

Someone asked a question that got an interesting answer. I scanned the magizine and attached the pic. :type:

The size is a little big, but I did my best to cut down the file size. :hide:

post-9-1090629534.jpg

I got FOUR WHEELER Mag a couple of weeks ago.(Aug. issue)

Someone asked a question that got an interesting answer. I scanned the magizine and attached the pic. :type:

The size is a little big, but I did my best to cut down the file size. :hide:

Yep, there's a reason the say "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" Throwing some blower fan isn't going to do anything differently than to the air than driving down the road. Plus, they install after the air filter. Could you imagine what would happen down the road if that fan gets brittle, breaks, etc. and comes apart. :o

On the topic of superchargers do you think this does anything or is this the same as the chip you can get at radio shack?

Looks a lot like the tornado thing on late night infomercials. I think both those, the thing in your link and throttle body spacers do work....kinda. You will get a more even mix of air and fuel, but 31% MPG and 30 HP is BS. Maybe 1-2% and 1-2 hp. Barely worth it.