Y does this stuff happen to me?

Guest pennypathfinder

Guest pennypathfinder

Well as i watched the tire place doing the alignment i asked them how big a tire i could put on it. the back was no problem but i began to look at the front and saw something wrong....

I noticed that i couldnt go any bigger on the tires b/c the stupid strut and spring are in the way....i just cant get a break. I mean what are my options? I sthis a problem? and does this mean i have to buy new rims to offset my tires so they could fit....b/c that will really suck....if so what do i get....what size a rim and all that crap.........was does this stuff only happen to my pathy....y cant it be like all th others and stop being a freak! :angry::angry::angry: pssd :angry::angry: :sniff: :help:

31's on the stock rim fit fine with the strut. If you're looking to go to 32's, a 7 or 8 inch wide rim with approximately 4" of backspacing will give you enough clearance on the strut. And this stuff doesn't only happen to pathfinders. Most jeeps have to get at least a 2" lift to even think about 31's. Every car has its oddities, I if you want a car like the "others" then go get a jeep or ford. See how you're doing at 100K then :rolleyes: . But new rims wouldn't be too expensive if you got some black steelies, like squam1 here for example.

yup, I have 16x7 black steel rims (american racing 767's) with 0 offset, which, if memory serves, is the same as 4 inches of backspacing. Ordering zero offset for that size is the way to go.

I have 235/85/16 BFG All terrains which are 1/10 of an inch from a true 32 inches tall...

post-7-1090462552.jpg