Fixed some problems today

cj_rezz

Well I finally got around to fixing a few small issues with my truck today.

I got up bright and early and went to the auto wreckers and tracked down 3 day time running light modules. They were going to charge me $40 for each of them but somehow I talked him into selling me 3 for $40. I guess I told him that there was no guarantee that they would work and I wasn't going to drive back out there to return them. So, I got home and plugged the newest one into my truck (it was from a '93 and my truck is a '92) and..... IT WORKED! I have 2 lights going now without turning the headlight on, before I would only have 1 light when I turned the car on so I had to actually turn my headlights on to get both lights going so I wouldn't get a ticket. Anyway, the first module I plugged in worked so I left it at that and now have 2 extra modules laying around however I'm not sure if they work or not. If anyone is really interested in them, PM me and we can probably arrange to ship them to you.

I had a bit of a frequent clunk/rattle coming from the back driver's side of the truck. I had read another post on the site here that someone said that on of the exhaust hangers and rusted all the way through and the pipe was knocking on the cross member. But I got under there and everything looked ok. I happened to notice that one of the bolts on the sway bar was kind of loose. So I tightened it up real good and the sound is gone! I noticed the bushings were pretty cracked and worn so I ordered the replacement kit since I had done the front ones last summer.

Oh, I also silicon sprayed my CV boots since it's probably going to snow soon and get real cold out.

I also bought a pair of 55w back up lamps that are a low profile and will mount on either side of my trailer hitch. I think I'll tackle these tomorrow. I'm going to wire them up so that they will come on both with the original reverse lamps or manually with a switch. I'll maybe post some pics when I'm done.

Now I just need to continue my hunt for an online store where I can buy a Hayden 679 tranny cooler, tranny t-stat, trany temp gauge and sender all in one stop and safe some shipping costs.

Oh, I bought some black silicon caulking today to to see if I can maybe use it to fix the cracked window molding on my front driver and passenger windows. I called Nissan and they wanted $170 for the new "window run" and I'm not about to pay that for each door. I'm not sure if silicon caulking is a good idea either tho. You?

Finally, I need to decide if I'm going to do a body lift before winter and if so, whether I do a 2 or 3" lift. I soaked all the body bolts and steering shaft with PB Blaster twice today to see if any of the bolts would budge. If I can't get them loose easily than I'll probably scrap the idea. I don't want to mess around with drilling or grinding out broken bolts. The rear-most bolt on the driver's side door turned very slowly with lots of force on the breaker bar. I didn't turn it to much because I was scared it was going to break. I don't have an impact gun. It seems like lots of people break the bolts trying to get them out?