T-case shifter questions

arctic_mark

OK, probably complete novice questions but . . .

Got a body lift planned for my '94 Pathy. Read all the posts about longer HB T-case shifters versus slice'n'splice on a Pathfinder shifter versus bending versus notching the floor etc. All good info. I have an old '92 Pathy as my parts rig so I'm going the cut-and-lengthen route. The rig I'm lifting is an automatic but my parts truck is a manual. So my questions are . . .

1) Are the T-case shifters for the automatic and manual the same?

2) How the bloody hell do you remove the shifter!? I've tried on the manual-box parts rig and got all the points where the links pivot on the transmision casing disconnected but there doesn't seem to be room to pull the linkage off the splines without dropping the T-case and transmission. Do I have to dissasmeble the ball joints that are protected by the rubber boots or should it just simply unscrew somwhere? Haven't looked at the (auto-box) rig that I want to lift yet as its my daily driver and I'm real busy at the moment.

There's probably a really simple way, but I'm just being mechanically chalanged.

If it just unscrews and I've overlooked it, then I'll really feel kinda stupid!

i am pretty sure both shifters are the same

i think i removed 2 bolts and then pulled the stick toward the driver's side frame. It only has to come out about a centimeter before it pops out of the guide holes and you can either push it up in the cab or drop it out the bottom. I don't recall undoing the ball joint parts.

Bender and I bent my t-case shifter to make it fit. We took it off and on about 4 times before it was clearing everything properly. The finished product was in the shape of a lightning bolt