Blower Motor Problems Resolved

fritz007

Started a new thread so no one gets confused with the last thread I had about trying to find some help. I was told that in order to fix my blower motor that would only work on the highest setting I needed to purchase a Blower Motor Resistor, which is correct for Pathfinders that have a manual A/C system however on my pathfinder that has the Automatic A/C it is a whole different set of problems. I had alot of problems finding the blower resistor on my pathy because it doesn't have one. Instead it is equipped with a Fan Control Amp. Nissan has known about problems with this system and have put out a bulletin for them that can be found on Nissanhelp.com. This bulletin has a .pdf page that explains the problem and has a part number for a Blower Motor and Fan Control Amp kit that can be purchased through Nissan. After i received this kit and installed the parts that were included my problem was solved so to alleviate any confusion and problems for people in the future here is some help!

2001-2004 Pathfinder with Automatic A/C

post-4902-1219184822.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

In reading about this problem on the net I have found:

1. Failure may be caused by plugged cabin air filters. Any truth to this?

2. Some people are replacing only the amp module and it fixes the problem. THe Nissan bulletin indicates to replace both that and the motor. Anyone replace only the module and have no problems over an extended time frame?

Thanks for any info.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Whoa, to revive a long dead thread ...

I replaced my fan amp (not the blower motor) and all seems to work fine. My 99.5 dose not have the cabin filters and the amp's heatsinks looked pretty clean. I promise to post later if I experience any problems with it.

• 6 months later...