Hello all

The Drift

I have a 97 Pathfinder XE 4x4 (as some of you may or may not know) It's done me pretty well in the last 3 years, and I love the truck. It has 125,000 miles on it, and is in really good shape for the beating I've dealt it. I just recently put QX4 bumpers on the front and rear because my original bumpers were pretty shot, it looks great (just need to find some Qx4 fender flares to finish it off really well.

As it stands now, the truck is stock with 31" BFG A/T's. I just put $800 into doing the hoses, radiator, thermostat, and a full system flush. Compression check came back solid. I know these engines can go up and beyond 200,000 miles if maintained. I did find some rust right in the lower corner of the rear passenger door jam, which if it goes untreated could cause serious structural decay. I'm not sure how bad it is, but I plan on repairing it as best I can. Other than that the truck is in great shape and just needs some maintenance and repairs for general wear and tear.

Here is the dilemma. I'm going to have $3500 extra cash next month. I don't really want to spend it all unless it were as a down payment on something. Do I trade in the pathy while it still has SOME trade in value, and can throw my $3500 on top to make a pretty nice down payment...OR do I dump some money into the pathy.

I would do the following:

The AC 2" lift

New wheels to offset my tires a bit more

New Exhaust

Tune up

Brakes

Rust repair

Re undercoating the chassis

And some other general maintenance

Is it worth it at this point?

It sounds like it's in good shape... and some TLC will help her last even longer. Personally, I am not one for change, and I love my truck... so trading is not in my books.

As for trading it in, have a look at what they are selling for, assume they have some mark up on them, is that what the truck is worth to you??

It sounds like it's in good shape... and some TLC will help her last even longer. Personally, I am not one for change, and I love my truck... so trading is not in my books.

As for trading it in, have a look at what they are selling for, assume they have some mark up on them, is that what the truck is worth to you??

If I had to guess I can't see getting more than $3k on a trade in, which would kinda suck. Like I said, pair that up with my $3500 it's not a bad down payment. But also, I don't have a car payment now...and that is kinda priceless. The more I think about it, the more I think it's time to sink $2000 into this thing and make it like new again...well like new but 2 inches higher lol.

If I do the AC lift I'm going to go with the Rancho's all the way around because to me it's a trusted offroad Shock/strut name. Now I've read that the Rancho RS9000XL Rear Shock is the way to go since it has longer travel. Any reason that AC sells this as part of their package, but it cannot be found ANYWHERE as a shock that fits the pathfinder???? Kinda strange.

I would def keep her and get her skirt jacked up :tonguefinger:, but seriously, i would keep her and do what you want to it. Not having a car payment is key, and the possibility of not getting much for a trade is also something to think about when deciding what to do