Something interesting about the ARB Sahara

PDCCD

Alright, thought i should post this for the forum. I was trying to figure out if i needed a Hi-lift adapter that arb sells for their bull bars, for my long awaited Sahara bar (ordered from 4wp in april, still don't have it). Couldn't find anything definitive on the web, so i contacted Buddy King, sales manager for ARB USA via email. Long short is, the "earlier" air bag compliant sahara bars (ours) should not be used as a lifting point. The mounting brackets were not designed for verticle lifting. yes, they can be used for winching, but not lifting. I was shocked. I hadn't heard that anywhere before. Still getting mine, but only because i'm already in this deep, hope this might help someone else if they're shopping for one.

Pete

Probably one of the things they have to tell you just to cover their own a$$. I've used mine plenty of times to lift the front end off the ground and NEVER had a problem. You will find that although the mounts are airbag compliant (they are very very intricate mounts, crush zones and all) they are still VERY sturdy. These mounts won't crush easily. I say lift from it and don't worry.