thermostat

dnodog

I don't have a diesel so I'm not sure where your's is, but you can usually just follow the hose from the radiator and where it connects to your engine is porbably going to have a couple of bolts holding that piece down, under there is the thermostat.

P.S. This is not based on expeiance with my Pathfinder. I'm only going off what I know about most chevy engines I've messed with.(very limited mechanic skills) I haven't had any problems with the cooling system yet."knock on wood" So If that's totally wrong for a pathy please don't shoot me or anything. :D

you can usually just follow the hose from the radiator and where it connects to your engine is porbably going to

more acurately, the thermostats for most engines are attached to the inside of the housing that the UPPER raidator hose connects too ... that should answer your question, though I really do suggest that you get yourself a vehicle specific manual...

plan to order a manual tonite if I could find one at amazon. Thanks for the info, you were right... except my thermostsat is missing{ gotta spend some money tomorrow}