Nerf Bars, Shocks, Tires, etc.

Hook88

Since I started with the front of the Pathfinder (Brush Guard), I thought I would continue to the back for other recommendations. I live in Michigan, so I have to deal with snow, salt, rain, and cold temperatures. I use the Pathfinder as a daily driver and on the weekends to hit camping sites, fishing holes, and motorcycle trails (future, when my two boys get older).

Here are the areas I am looking into:

1) Nerf Bars/Side Steps. I like the original Nissan, but they tend to rust. I also have seen guys put the 4 door version on the two door, which in my opinion allows you to reach the luggage back better. Anyone had good luck with other options?

2) Shocks - have read on this forum and others about Rancho 5000s and 9000x shocks.

3) Tires - read on Tire Rack about the Bridgestone Revos and they seem to be some of the best.

4) Undercoating - I have been looking into putting some type of undercoating on to help with the tendency of the Pathfinder to rust. I have been investigating Herculiner. I have used Por 15 before and have looked at Eastwood products. Any suggestions?

5) Replacement springs in the rear to go with the new shocks.

I appreciate any and all feedback and recommendations. Thanks for your time.

• 3 weeks later...