question about inner bearing

Nissan3

hey everyone, i gotta a question regarding the inner front wheel bearing. I wanna do new pads and rotors soon and also wanna repack the bearings. Now do I have to repack the inner bearing since its in the grease seal? is it hard to remove the bearing from the seal? also when I take the cap off that covers the snap ring which holds the drive flange should I replace the cap with a new one??

thanks

When you take the hub off, you can punch out the inner bearing, and grease seal in one shot. Replace the seal FOR SURE. It's only like $15 for the pair. That way you can clean out everything, and repack properly. :aok:

When you take the hub off, you can punch out the inner bearing, and grease seal in one shot. Replace the seal FOR SURE. It's only like $15 for the pair. That way you can clean out everything, and repack properly. :aok:

Ok cool, but what about that hub cap that needs to be removed to access the snap ring, should I replace or is it ok to reuse?

thanks for ur help

It's okay to reuse. Just be careful prying it off. Little by little, all the way around the cap. If not, you'll dent the cap, and it'll never seal well. There's an o-ring on the hub that it sits on, be careful not to damage it. You'll see it as the dust cap comes off.