Need help plz - 1st gen dash switch wiring?

Jasontamu

Hi,

I pulled two switches from a 1st gen pathy and i needed to see if anyone had a FSM or could look at their manual and tell me what the color coded wiring to each switch went to.

Here is a picture i found only of the 1st gen dash?? well if its not the 1st gen dash then to help give you an idea of where i got them from. I really couldnt make out the dash perfectly because the junk yard pathy (RIP) i found had a lot of the dash missing!!!

1st switch:

Security Switch with red led light. labeled (on/off - impact off): Has a total of 6 wires coming out of it:

1. Blue/green stripe

2. WHITE/BLACK STRIPE

3. RED/WHITE STRIPE

4. WHITE/BLACK STRIPE

5. PINK/BLACK STRIPE

6. PINK/BLUE STRIPE

2nd switch:

AUTO POWER (E-AT) SWITCH: I THINK i can figure this out one since its only 3 wires.

1. BLACK/WHITE STRIPE

2. SOLID BLACK

3. WHITE/BLACK STRIPE

I'm thinking its a simple: #2>Load, #3>12V+, #4>Ground type set up... like a typical rocker...

It also has a red and black coming from the red led light, but thats of course is no problem.

wd295nq0.th.jpg

img4600ck0.th.jpg

What other pathy forums can i try to post this as well?? need all the help i can get??

Thanks so much,

- Jason

Jasontamu2002@yahoo.com

Edited by Jasontamu

Well, the first pic you posted is of an R50 pathfinder. That's not 1st generation.

The security switch won't do anything for you if you don't have the alarm unit under your driver's seat.

The second switch, if you have an AT equipped WD21 Pathfinder, you should already have. IF not, it should be simply plug and play.

Factory service manuals can be downloaded here

http://www.phatg20.net/component/option,co...c,select/id,31/

Edited by Simon

oh, forgot to mention..I want to know what the wiring is, so i can use the switches for something else entirely...its not going back in the same year pathy...

I WANT TO USE THEM AS SIMPLE ON/OFF SWITCH TO ANOTHER DEVICE. LIKE A SINGLE POLE INLINE ON/OFF....

as far as the dash pic, ,please use as a reference to the location of the switches, im guessing from the looks of the body it was a 1st gen, but like i said the dash was beyond recognizable....rip pathy..

thanks for the link. ill be checking to see if i can find the wiring diagram from the FSM for sure...thanks

anyone else?

- J

Edited by Jasontamu

OKAY! I FOUND THIS!!!http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/pathfinder/1997_Pathfinder/

I NEED THE WIRING PRINT OUT FOR THE COLOR CODES FOR THIS SWITCH...OH MAN ALMOST THERE!!

dashzz7.th.jpg

ck.us/my.php?image=atoi2.jpg]atoi2.th.jpg[/url]

update:

GOT IT!!!

powershiftswitchpg7.th.jpg

well i found the power shift switch... from the diagram looks like i can get a typical switch use out of it by using pins 8 or 9.

now i just need to figure out the security switch!

-j

Edited by Jasontamu

HA! WHAT A RETARD I AM... FOR THE 2ND SWITCH, I WAS PLAYING WITH IT RIGHT NOW AND OUT OF NOWHERE I NOTICED THAT AT THE END OF THE THREE WIRES NEAR THE HARNESS IT SAYS:

BLACK - GROUND

WHITE/BLACK - SHK GRD

BLACK/WHITE - VALET

HA..EASY ENOUGH..

-J