Anyone in NJ wants to do a manifold/exhaust job, let me know, I will PAY!

NaturaTek

I got recommended to a meineke shop in NJ, haven't driven there yet. But if anyone wants to do this job, basic replace bolts/gasket, and have experience, let me know.

I want to attempt so badly on my own, but I never done any car work other than change my own oil, & I just recently learned that, :P

1990 pathfinder. It's getting too loud/annoying. At first it was cool, I could like and say I had a aftermarket muffler. Now no one is buying that line.

Anyone has any recommendations, let me know.

If you want to do it, PM me your price and location, Thanks!

You may not get many hits becuse of what your getting into here....

Often when you change a exhaust manifold on these vehicles you encounter broken studs which themseves are a source of noise if your manifold isn't already damaged. this requires drilling and extracting whats left of the stud so you can replace it with another stud (or switch to a bolt). If you drill crooked you drill into your head and have to re-thread the hole to a larger size or use a heli-coil. there is a write up in the how-to for replacing broken studs but belive me, its usually a bitch.

swapping the manifold itself is pretty easy tho as there is allot of room to work esp if you pull out the wheels and mud shields out and work thru the wheel well.

I'm assuming your manifold(s) are cracked since you say its so loud. I have my old ones (I now run thorley headders) if you wanna pay to ship em. but if your gonna change manifolds I'd say its perfect time for you to get headders anyway lol

been there, done that.......... twice. PITA *sigh* (but doable)

precise1 did a write up of tools and good methods of removing studs in the garage "how to" section........ most excellent info.....