P1130

Typhus

My 04 Pathfinder is throwing a P1130 code.

Around 3000 rpms, give or take, she starts surging and loping, until you back off the pedal a bit.

Im scratching my head on this one.

Could the swirl control valve solenoid be causing this?

Also, does anyone have a pic of what one looks like?

I think its the round plastic valve that is clipped into a bracket that sits over the drivers side strut mount.

Am I looking at the right thing?

If you have an FSM it will be under the EC section page 477 or EC-477, if you dont have the FSM go to http://www.phatg20.net/index.php?option=co...info&id=169 and DL it and then you will need to unzip it.

Thanks, but I never could get that to open. Not your fault, I appreciate your effort to assist, but Im better at turning a wrench than unzipping a computer file...lol.

But anyway, I ended up having to take it to the stealership, since time was a major issue, and the swirl control valve selenoid apparently is a dealer only item, and the only place they had one available was in Massachusets! I really found that hard to believe, but I had no choice, but bend over for this one.

I even tried a local shop first in hopes of saving a few bucks, and they ended up turning me away, telling me that they couldnt get the part either.... now Im getting really frustrated.

So like I said, I ended up going to the dealer with this, and you wont believe the turn of events.

They told me as soon as I pulled the Pathy in the bay, that 105 bucks is the fee for the diagnostic, even though I had already figured out the problem, but I just shook my head, cause I already knew I was in for a big bill.

They fianlly called me and told me the truck was ready, and to come get it, and I didnt even bother asking for the total, I didnt want to be pissed the whole way over there.

To my dismay, my bill was 105 bucks even! Thats the initial diagnostic charge,,, that was it, and my Pathy problem P1130 was solved.

Im still shocked!

The problem never was the swirl valve selenoid that the p1130 was indicating, but rather debris in the vacuum line going from the swirl valve to the actuator.

The funny thing was that I had the SCV pulled off of that hose atleast 2-3 times examining it before I took it in for repair, and I had never once thought to try blowing the line out.

Why would I, its a closed system! How could any debris possibly get in that vacuum line?

Mystery to me, but Im not complaining, Im actually thanking my lucky stars that I got out of this one for 105 bucks.

That might be some kind of record for the least ever payed at a stealership for getting something resolved. :fireworx: