New Brake Rotors

MatterHorn

just got these things today for 80 bucks a piece ... cant wait to put em on ...

just to check with you guys, before I get going all this, I wanna make sure that I have everything right ...

I should get new bearings (they haven't been done since I have owned it), grease seals, grease of course, brake pads (any recommendations on that)... thats all that I can think of ...

oh and on the bearing nut tool, does anybody know of a place that I can get that tool from? i'd rather not tap it tight with a screwdriver ... i'd like to make sure that I get it right ...

thanks guys!

post-9-1089163755.jpg

nice rotors... where'd ya get them?

As for pads, I throw on the local cheap junk at about $20 a pop (I think they're Raybestos) but I replace them every couple years.

Ebay .... there are a lot of online parts stores that carry them too ... plus you can order them at any parts store that deals in Raebestos (sp?) ... the part numbers are BR9909L and R respectively

I have always heard that ceramic pads are better for dust reduction and heat dissapation (sp?) but the new rotors will help that. ACDelco sells a set for about 80 - 90 dollars. Not a fan of ACDelco products but I don't know who else makes them since I stick with the el-cheapos.