Compression rod

Jay7779

Does anyone know where I would be able to order a compression rod for a '93? I've called around to some local part stores and nobody even seems to know what im talking about, and I cant seem to find anywhere online that stocks them? I've been driving on a broken one for a while now not knowing that it was broken, and it feels like its ready to explode when i hit 80k. I need to fix it asap.

ABCnissanwholesale.com

It also goes by many names and that makes it harder to find. I think nissan calles it comperssion/tension rod, but it may also ba sold as strut rod, control arm rod, caster rod, strut arm and.... well I think I got em all. you may want to have a drif pin ready too when you install it as those 2 bolts for it on the contol arm may need some persuasoin.

Is a tension rod the same thing as the compression rod? When i look in the service manual it calls it a tension rod for the 2wd, but it calls it a compression rod in the 4wd page.

I can find the tension rod just about every site i visit, just not the compression rod.

post-4817-1210129012.jpg

post-4817-1210129048_thumb.jpg

If you notice in my first post one of the names I gave it was "compression/tension rod"...

on the 2wd (its front of the LCA) so the LCAs pull back on it while driving forward. hence the name "tension rod"

on the 4wd (its behind the LCA) so in 2wd the LCAs push against it and in 4wd pull awayfrom it, all while driving foward hence the name "compression/tension rod" or "compression rod" if you wanna only consider its 2wd aplicaton on the 4wd vehicle.

they are not interchangable and everywhere you look prolly has the 2wd and 4wd under the same name. so just make sure it specifies the correct drive train(2wd only or 4wd only) and you will be fine.

Still lost? ok your profile says '93 4wd XE...

GOTO

ABCnissanwholesale.com >nissan replacement parts (on the left side) >year model... >front suspensoin >lower control arm >strut >

Strut, pathfinder - 4wd - 4WD

that'll be the one you want its the same left to right, and tho their drawing only shows the 2wd version you will get the right part and you prolly can't beat ~$30 shipped for a new OEM part like that!

thats a good deal as I replaced mine (dealer got me for $120 for 2) but I needed them that day!-(

Mine looked new until I pulled them to change the bushings they were about half way eaten thru under the old bushings; still had the shine on all external portions.

Holy crap! I just sent an email over to my local Nissan Dealer (Stadium Nissan in Calgary), and they want to charge me $280 for a new one and all the collars, bushings, and whatnot. Looks like im buying online...

Thanks for the tips guys