SE to XE Rear Hatch Replacement Questions

Hey guys,

I own a '94 XE Pathy. I have 2 SE donar hatches that I'm using to replace my rusted out one (gotta move a few parts over from the green hatch to the wanted black hatch). Anyway, There seems to be alot of motors and keyless entry stuff on the SE hatches that might not be on the XE hatch (my gf has taken it out for the next few hours so I can;t check). Can any of this be removed? Have any of you done this before? I just finished snaking a good wiring harness into the new black hatch - that was a kick to groin, but it's done! Any advice or tips would be appreciated for the rest of the process. I'm going to have to reconnect all those metal tube pieces that open and lock hatch/glass too.

When my gf gets home, I'm going to try to switch locks and install the 2 latches (glass and hatch). Is this easy? I just don't want to F$@# anything up too bad to start the week off. Any help is appreciated.

I can vouch that the switcing of locks is pretty easy, theres a stamped shim that slides arround the lock on the inside and clips it in place. it shoud slide out with a littte jiggle and your lock will be loose. but before you do that undo the plastic clip coming off the lock from the rod it attaches to. after those steps are done the lock will silde right out. yeh I know, doesn't look too durable right? maybe thats way a guy broke into it by turning the lock w/ a screwdriver...

anyway yeh good luck with the rest of it.