Rattling sound

Cool thanks for the help. The sound is definitly coming from the black box under the glove. I will insert a shop vac and see what happens. I wish I could remove the whole cover, but I can settle for just open it a bit.

Also, check the area under the center console. My R50 has a gap and a 2-piece rubber trim piece that folds around the emergency brake. You'd be amazed how easily stuff drops in there - pennies, screws, pens (!), crumbs etc. You can pop up the hard plastic trim piece in front of the e-brake and also the trim piece around the gear shifter. (The large wood/plastic one, NOT the aluminum-colored shift gate itself.) A shop vac in there will do wonders.

I developed the heat shield problem after installing the AC skids. The clamp after the driver's side cat was causing an audible hum when driving. Solved it by using a pair of heavy-duty scissors to trim the shield around the clamp bolt and a pair of pliers to twist a small section up and away from everything else. Solved the problem.

Also, MJBBMANO, I highly recommend buying a Nissan shop manual. If nothing else, reading it will give you peace of mind. The more you know, the less you'll worry about things. You can get them online. Just google "Nissan Pathfinder service manual" and your year. Just make sure it's the original Nissan one and not a knockoff. I got a pdf version of mine for $20 online. It has paid for itself many many times over.