I took the plunge today

wheel366

I had to order new bushings so I go the whole steering kit too. Ever since I got that L&P steering kit, my truck has driven like sh!t. I'm hoping that this will resolve that problem. I am also having them do all the bushings front and back to make sure everything is as tight as possible. I understand it will never be like my S but anything has got to be better! While they are doing this, I am having them check the whole lift to make sure the idiot that installed it initially did it correctly. Calmini says that those bushing should have lasted more than 30k miles and that improper installation would cause them to fail. We'll see if that is indeed true.

I will soon have for sale a full Stage 3 L&P steering kit minus the bronze bushings if anyone is interested. I'm sure it's fine but it did not work for me. In fact, it made my truck worse.

I had to order new bushings so I go the whole steering kit too. Ever since I got that L&P steering kit, my truck has driven like sh!t. I'm hoping that this will resolve that problem. I am also having them do all the bushings front and back to make sure everything is as tight as possible. I understand it will never be like my S but anything has got to be better! While they are doing this, I am having them check the whole lift to make sure the idiot that installed it initially did it correctly. Calmini says that those bushing should have lasted more than 30k miles and that improper installation would cause them to fail. We'll see if that is indeed true.

I will soon have for sale a full Stage 3 L&P steering kit minus the bronze bushings if anyone is interested. I'm sure it's fine but it did not work for me. In fact, it made my truck worse.

Price?

and much more important

What do the welds look like??? :shiftyeyes:

I haven't even thought about the price. As for welds, as soon as I get the other kit installed I'll take some pics for you. I was thinking maybe $1000 because I owned it first. J/K. Something fair of course. When I actually have time to think about it I'll let you know. My guess would be around $200 plus shipping but that is just throwing out a price.

Edited by wheel366

Same here w/ the UCAs Had to trim for better shocks. They beat the hell out of my originals. So trim trim trim! But still love em! Glad your diggin the new steering. One mod I recommend for the steering as well is a stabilizer if it didn't come w/ a stock one. One of the best mods I have ever made to my pathy for drivability.

• 1 month later...

Got my kit installed and new Rancho 9000s on the front. At first it drove the same but I took it to a different shop today and they said the steering stabilizer was hitting the idler arm and the idler arm was way to tight. They fixed that and realigned it. Drives better so far. The 9000s feel so much softer on the high way. I haven't played with the settings yet. I'm thinking about getting them for the rear.

Did anybody see that Rancho has changed the part numbers on their 9000s? They added an extra 9 to the part number which is their new 9000XL. Different finish and thicker piston and body. To bad I didn't get those for the front.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/shocks/rs...xl/rs9000xl.php