O2 Sensor replacement

Hey Everyone. Haven't posted in a while so I thought I would. My Pathy is at 115k and I have a CEL on. Looks like a bad o2 sensor. Question is, Should I replace all o2 sensors due to age of vehicle and mileage, or just what the codes read as the bad ones. I am going to be replacing plugs and wires as well, just curious on your thoughts about the o2 sensors. Thanks!

I replaced all four of mine with Bosch universals for $25 each. I can't tell you how long they last since I only changed them 3.5k miles ago, but I haven't had any problems and easily passed the smog test. Not really your question, but if you do decide to replace all four, you might want to think about just using universals.

I replaced all four of mine with Bosch universals for $25 each. I can't tell you how long they last since I only changed them 3.5k miles ago, but I haven't had any problems and easily passed the smog test. Not really your question, but if you do decide to replace all four, you might want to think about just using universals.

Thats a great idea. Anyone else have any luck doing this same type of install?

Did 2 of the 4 on my 98, much easier to use the universal. If you like, snip the wire very close to the OEM O2 sensor, make the pig tail while under the truck and spin the new one in with anti-sieze. Making the pigtail under the truck is tough, but consider unplugging and chasing the wire route isn't easy either!...unless it is in the upper manifold...completely a pain then!

Did any of you with new O2 sensors see an increase in gas mileage?

I am at 165,000 miles on my '98, and everything is still running strong. I did all belts, plugs and wires at 100,000 miles and was considering doing everything again here as I approach 180,000.

I read on another forum (not Nissan) that you can get a 1-2 mpg by changing out the O2 sensor after 75,000 miles (even if the CEL isn't on).

Just wondering if anybody with a Pathfinder saw similar results.

Also, what is the source for the $25 Bosch universal sensors? Cheapest I found was $75 at Autozone.

Edited by sigtauenus

My '96 needed two fours and two threes. I think that is the same guy I got mine from, so I should warn ya that the first "three wire" ones he sent were four wire sensors with one of the wires cut off. I e-mailed him and he sent me the right ones with no extra charge and didn't ask for the others back, so it could have just been a one time thing.