New Guy in St Louis MO

JazonD

Howdy all, my name is Jason and I am a recent pathfinder convert.

Wait, this isn’t one of those meetings....

Anyway, just bought my 1st four wheel drive vehicle and I feel like an idiot. I am used to tinkering with my past vehicles that were simple front or rear wheel drive; this is madness I tell you. I am crawling around under this thing for hours identifying parts and widgets I haven’t seen before. :) Now I understand how 4 wheel drive works, but I guess this is the first solid rear axle that I have stared at in detail before. I don’t remember all these parts on my 2 wheel drive pickup. :)

But to the meat and potatoes of the post... I found what I thought was a steal, a 2001 LE with 58XXX miles on it that appeared almost new with slight caveats. It had a brush guard with the spot lights on it, a skid plate like I have never seen before - the dang things goes all the way under the back seats, Rancho suspension at all for corners (the back are the 9000x series)and it looks like a slight lift. The tires look about 1 size taller and wider than stock. There is Flomaster exhaust out the back, possibly upgraded calipers with slotted and drilled rotors upfront. K&N cold air under the hood, and I would be willing to eat off of most of the engine bay and a Warn locking hub set. That is all I can think of at the moment as far as add-ons, but it gets better – the interior looks amazing. I think the prior owner was more anal about this stuff than I am. All of the stock parts were in the back of the truck as well!

Maybe the prior owner is on this board? Anyone sell a Black and Tan spotless LE in St Louis recently? :) Any other St Louis owners on the board?

But all good stories must come to an end... After driving it for several days - I have what I have now found is the dreaded SES light. It was for O2 Sensors... As well as a clunking in the backend, it clearly comes from the left and right side depending on the pot hole. I am starting to wonder if the springs that were replaced are topping out the Rancho shocks installed and that is causing the "Clunk".

Anyway, I have alot of reading to do on this forum...

Laters

~Jason

Oh, and typically I dont reply to my own posts... But here are some pics, before she gets dirrrty. :)

post-5228-1207281029_thumb.jpg

post-5228-1207281633_thumb.jpg

post-5228-1207281260_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Whoa, yall beat me before I could get the pics up! And odd, no matter what I do, the thumdnail is broke for the middle picture.

Edited by JazonD