Help w/ front suspension

yar1

Just call 4x4parts.com and get the part number from them then hunt for the correct parts.

Does anyone know which of the two strut bearings he listed above are better? And Typhus, where did you find those?

Just call 4x4parts.com and get the part number from them then hunt for the correct parts.

Does anyone know which of the two strut bearings he listed above are better? And Typhus, where did you find those?

RockAuto

I went with the Spicer super kit, since it came with everthing you need for the strut job, and at 59 bucks, was cheaper than most other brands offering only the strut mount.

I also did a little research on Spicer, and they have been making suspension components for a very long time and seem to have a solid reputation in the industry. Some references even said they were above and beyond OEM, dont know if thats true or not.

RockAuto

I went with the Spicer super kit, since it came with everthing you need for the strut job, and at 59 bucks, was cheaper than most other brands offering only the strut mount.

I also did a little research on Spicer, and they have been making suspension components for a very long time and seem to have a solid reputation in the industry. Some references even said they were above and beyond OEM, dont know if thats true or not.

Awesome. The 59 bucks covers both sides or do you need two of them, one for each side?

Awesome. The 59 bucks covers both sides or do you need two of them, one for each side?

No, thats just for one side. I believe it was $128 total, including shipping for both sides.

I just ordered the kits this afternoon, at 4pm, and when I checked my E-Mail at around 6pm, Rock Auto had already sent me confirmation that my order had been shipped. Now thats impressive. I dont think Ive ever ordered anything online that has shipeed in less than two hours after ordering it.

Pretty impressive.

Just to update on the strut situation....

Whats confusing from a potential customers standpoint is the list numbers that certain sites use that are exclusive to their site and different from the actual KYB list numbers, so thanks for that.

I finally went with what KYB was actually listing, DUH... lol, should have done that from the start... a month ago, but I got confused with all the other venders different list numbers.

Hope this helps anyone else that is looking at going with KYB struts, heck, just ask me if you need the accurate part numbers since Im now more knowlegable than the actual KYB retailers... lol.

Couldnt believe how unknowledgable all the on-line venders were when I contacted them, well over a dozen over the past month.

They couldnt even explain why they had 2 sets of differently listed struts, listed for the same exact vehicle, and I still dont know the answer to that.

I have never been more frustrated and totally pissed off when trying to order a friggin simple part before as I was with this experience.

But atleast everything seems to be ordered right, and now the fun part will actually begin once I recieve everything for the install.

Hell, I think the install will probably be the easier part... lol

Oh, and sorry to the OP, yar1,, I never intended to jump this thread that you started, just kinda ended up that way,, sorry man.

Edited by Typhus

Just a quick update to for anyone that cares,

I finally figured out which part numbers were correct for the 2000 - 2004 Pathfinder SE 3.5 after talking to a "real" KYB associate.

335032 and 335033 are the front GR2 struts, and I went with the gas adjust for the rear, (hope their not too stiff), KG4163.

After a month of researching listings of multiple part numbers for the same vehicle, I finally figured out, thanks to members here, that different retailers have their own specific part numbers and they are not consistent from one retailer to the next.

That was frustrating as $#%$.

I just got everything yesterday.. 260 for the struts and shocks shipped, and another 127 for the super mount kit from Spicer, that included the Mounts, Bearings, Bellows, and stops.

BTW, the spicer components appear to be of high quality upon inspection in the box, I will let everyone thats interested in these components know how they perform once I have them on and broken in with a few k.

Thought that Rock Auto and Tire Rack were both very reasonable and the most imformative venders on-line, so thats who I went with.

I will be doing the job this weekend, and looking forward to an improved ride and feel from my Pathy.

Hope the correct part numbers help anyone esle scratching their head, trying to do the same thing.