Help needed with passenger door latch

DucatiDom

Seems that the rods/ connections with my driver side passenger door latch have killed themselves. Neither inner nor outer door handles will open the door. Anyone have any ideas how to get it open so I can fix it?

Edited by DucatiDom

This is your door in the open position

door.jpg

This is the rod that unlocks your door, but I don't think that's the problem

lock.jpg

This is the is position of the latch in the closed position

handledown.jpg

This is the position of the door in the open position

handleup.jpg

You'll have to remove your seat and the door panel and make a jimmy with possibly a long skinny screwdriver. Get under that latch and pry it up. You'll have to do it blind, because there is no room for the your head and your head in the same hole. No pun intended. :)

So if I remove the seat your saying I can get the panel off without screwin it up. From there its just a matter of gettin the damn latch open. Also would anyone know if the parts stores carry replacement prts or do I need to go to the stealership?

for the mostpart without screwing it up. You need to unscrew the armrest, and there's clip that holds the window roller on. the panel has snaps out, but they are plastic snaps. Plan on 1 or 2 breaking because they dry rot.

Here's the link the pictures came from...

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...343&hl=jail

Could'nt find it right this morning but I think all your questions are answered there.

Edited by dagwoodzz