O2 sensors how many

DaveS

There's only the one O2 sensor on a WD21 - it's mounted on the pipe between the collector and the catalytic converter.

Im not sure what that means or what the collector is can you explain it to me some more is the sensor before the catalitic converter or after it would removing the cat confuse the ecu

Im not sure what that means or what the collector is can you explain it to me some more is the sensor before the catalitic converter or after it would removing the cat confuse the ecu

Um, I just told you it is before the catalytic. It's after the exhaust manifolds, after the pipe that connects them together, and before the catalytic converter. If you're still having trouble finding it, do this: With the car COLD and having been off for at least three hours, and while wearing gloves (don't want you burning yourself and suing me) grip the exhaust pipe that goes into the catalytic converter from the engine with your hand, such that your hand completely encircles the pipe. Slide that hand towards the front of the vehicle. Your hand will run into a cylindrical object poking out of the pipe at a 90 degree angle. It will have wires or a braided/corrugated sheath coming out of it that disappears up into the top of the engine bay. That will be your O2 sensor.

As for removing the cat, read this post: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16223