Valve Cover Gaskets

ozzy

So i did the passenger side with no problem, what parts are needed for the Driver side, and how difficult is it to do it? does anyone know the name of the gaskets, one of my mechanic friends something about a plemmel or something i didnt quite understand him, but i figure someone here would know what parts are needed and if they need to be special ordered.

thanks.

yeah you have to remove the plenum to get to the drivers side cover, the gaskets are rubber and "snap" into place around the underside of the valve cover....pretty easy to do.

I think I paid about 20 or 30 bucks for a set from O'reilley or autozone a while back.....when I did my knock sensor job.

you can get to almost all the screws I bet they just need to be tightened down...mine was leaking bad from both sides and all the screws had backed out almost 3 full turns...I tightened them down by what I could get to and no more leaks...but its about a 2hr job or so

true it may just be the screws being loose....I periodically have to tighten mine down a couple of turns.

sometimes you can get creative with getting to the hard to reach screws on the drivers side....but I think there are 1 or 2 or 3 of them that are next to impossible to get a screwdriver on....