Clutch quote

Mr. Pickles

Looks like I'm taking the Pathy in tonight to Central Automotive. The clutch is making more noise than ever, and its summer driving season so I don't want to take a chance. They're quoting $450 for the full deal. Sounds better than the $1000 or so I've heard.

thats a really good deal ...

That's what I thought. Couldn't get in today (work bs :furious: ) but hopefully tomorrow. I've heard good things about the shop, and they say they warranty it for life. We'll see about that... sly . Anyways, I'll let the locals know how it turns out.

Guest NissanD21man

Does that quote include the parts as well? In replacing the clutch on mine, I've allready spent $100 on the clutch parts, plus $50 for a cheap transmission jack that was really too small for the job. Thats not including other misc. items like bolts, sockets that I didn't have, the gear oil, and lots of cans of carb cleaner and whatnot. That sounds like a great deal. :aok:

Does that quote include the parts as well? In replacing the clutch on mine, I've allready spent $100 on the clutch parts, plus $50 for a cheap transmission jack that was really too small for the job. Thats not including other misc. items like bolts, sockets that I didn't have, the gear oil, and lots of cans of carb cleaner and whatnot. That sounds like a great deal. :aok:

Yes, that was including new clutch, throw out bearing, all the fun parts and stuff.

Well, guys, good news. First off, I'd like to put out thanks for the spot-on diagnosis so long ago. My problems were indeed my throw-out bearing, and the clutch was pretty much toast as well. I don't remember who called it and verified my suspicions, but we were all right. Now, for even better news for the locals.

$499 out the door, tax included ($450 or so if you drove up from OR). Complete new clutch kit, lifetime warranty, in and out in a day. I didn't realize just how far my old clutch was gone. I knew it was sloppy, but I just about gave myself whiplash on the first few shifts while getting used to the new clutch. Its like brand new, almost too touchy. :rolleyes: So, I pass on many recommendations to:

Central Avenue Automotive

Kent, WA