95 Pathy.... is the TPS serviceable?

Splinter

I am trying to eliminate a hesitation problem that I have only when I am doing 85-95 kph. It doesn't do it under load like a bad wire, it only does it while I am cruising down the road.

Is the TPS a throw away or can I take it apart and clean it?

Thanks

Chris

Thanks guys.

Now second question..... when you say that it's testable does that mean that I can test it for a bad spot in it's range of motion? Or is it just testable to see if it works?

Thanks

Thanks guys.

Now second question..... when you say that it's testable does that mean that I can test it for a bad spot in it's range of motion? Or is it just testable to see if it works?

Thanks

You can test it for a bad spot in the range of motion... BUT.

Sometimes a bad one will test good because you didn't hit *just* the right spot while testing.

The TPS is considered to be a consumable/wear part anyway. Eventually they wear out; 13 years is a decent run for one. I'd just replace it. Dealership wants less than $100 for it. Alternately, you could get the TPS (used) from a lower-mileage truck that died from unrelated reasons - all the WD21 MPFI V6 trucks use the same TPS.

Correction: All automatic trucks use the same TPS, all manual trucks use the same TPS. You cannot use a manual TPS on an automatic truck.

Edited by GhostPath

You can test it for a bad spot in the range of motion... BUT.

Sometimes a bad one will test good because you didn't hit *just* the right spot while testing.

The TPS is considered to be a consumable/wear part anyway. Eventually they wear out; 13 years is a nice long run for one.

Thanks GhostPath. I appreciate the info. When I test it am I using my OHM meter to test for resistance? Do you think that a bad TPS would cause the Pathy to hesitate while I am keeping a constant speed? It doesn't do it when I am accelerating, just at one speed.