Noisy Heat Fan

findmypath

Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that when I have the heat on even with medium speed I can hear the fan in the cabin. It sounds like a normal operational noise of the fan but at a higher db level. It is really hard to describe it but it is very distinctive. Can something being loose cause this? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

03 LE

Edited by findmypath

Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that when I have the heat on even with medium speed I can hear the fan in the cabin. It sounds like a normal operational noise of the fan but at a higher db level. It is really hard to describe it but it is very distinctive. Can something being loose cause this? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

03 LE

You could just have some debris in the blower motor, leaves and pine needles are common to find in there, try removing the glove box and taking out the blower motor, I believe its in the white plasic housing

You could just have some debris in the blower motor, leaves and pine needles are common to find in there, try removing the glove box and taking out the blower motor, I believe its in the white plasic housing

How advanced of a job is it to remove the blower motor? Last year I replaced the microfilter which was behind the glove box so how much more work is that to remove the blower motor in comparison? Thanks for the input.