Exhaust?

Wheels

I've got a 97 Pathfinder that I just did a lift on. Although my exhaust is still ok, the years have taken their toll, and life expectancy is limited. Is their a cat back system available for these unuts? How loud are they with one less muffler, as mine has two?

I'd like a bit deeper tone, but not too loud, as it will be a family hauler. Any suggestions? I have a Flowmaster 70 series exhaust on a Dodge truck I have. It's a nice deep mellow sound. Any one put one or two on a Pathfinder before?

You actually have only one muffler what you are seeing is a resonator, and when you put a new muffler in it is a good idea to remove that last resonator so you get better flow and sound, alot of people go with a 40 series from flowmaster, but a 70 might sound nice. :jig:

Should the muffler be placed where the resonator was, with a longer tailpipe? Or where the original muffler is with a shorter tailpipe? I would think that just eliminating the resonator would make it a lot louder. Which isn't what I'm after. I just want a deeper tone. My current thought is decent resonatoer, with the flowmaster 70 series.

The muffler should remain in the same place just eliminate the resonator so from the muffler back you would have a whole new tail pipe. with the resonator gone it will not make it any louder to my knowledge just better flow I know on my pathy I have 2 resonators, and nissandoms 47 took his resonator out and it sounds great.