best oil weight

ChromoTech

what do you guys think is the best weight and vescosity to run in the pathfinders

Nissan recomends 5w30! thats like water.

ive been running 10w40 in there and i get that dry startup when the engine is cool for like 2 or 3 sec on startup like dry lifters or valves.

Oil? I never use it at all...I prefer the metal on metal noise. I use SYNTHETIC 5W-30...hope that causes about 50 more posts on the pros and cons of synthetic...eh, I have good luck with it.

But if you're getting that noise, go with 10-30 or 5-30. I live in ND so 5W-30 is marvelous...and when it's -40 F if you aren't running synthetic it's like having tar inside your engine...that's why I use it.

I think a lot of it is not so much the weight of oil, but the brand of oil too ... you may wanna consider trying different brands ... otherwise ... the only way to get rid of that 2 or 3 second noise is to replace all the lifters and rocker arms ... personally I wouldnt even bother doing anything accept keeping fresh oil in it as that startup noise is normal on most vehicles and wont harm anything ...