Newbie from down-under

ThomasMoore

Hi All,

After a considerable period of time i've gone out and purchased my first car (>27yrs) after coming across a 1990 Pathfinder parked by the side of the street that I fell in love with almost instantly. Purchased for $600, and not without it's fair share of problems (the list is pretty enormous). Problem being in Australia, that the car is unregistered, therefore uninsured, making it pretty damn difficult to figure out what might be wrong. This being a project car, I was looking to do as much as I could prior to taking her to the mechanics for the 'problem' stuff (again, i'm far from a mechanic as this is my first car). Tracked down a copy of Chilton's at the local library and have spent almost all of the Christmas holidays inside, under the hood, or under the car. Was beginning to give up hope untill I stumbled across the NPORA forums - will be posting quite a few idiot questions over the coming months, in return i'll post as many "How-to" guides with photo's as I can on. Might even start a Pathfinder "blog" - from old - new.

Uploading pictures doesn't seem to work, so:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22259221@N06/?saved=1

2143728168_f2b39ffa7d.jpg

Thomas

hello and welcome! check out your vehicle specific forums, LOADS of great info in there. also, i HIGHLY recommend getting a FSM for your pathy, you can snag them off ebay for a reasonable price. ;)