sway bar bushings

Jarsiff

how much of a pain in the arse are these front sway bushings to replace and about what should I expect to spend on em? and i know this sounds like a n00b question but i've been feeling pretty shatty here lately, is this worth having some shop do or should i just wait and do it myself?

Quite easy.

1. Remove engine bash plate (8 x 10mm bolts).

2. Undo the nuts (17mm) holding the sway bar link to the stabiliser connecting rod. The other ends of the rods are bolted to the suspension struts. If you find whilst undoing these nuts the whole assembly moves place the correct sized spanner to the rear of the stabilising connector rod to prevent them from turning.

3. Check the brackets where the sway bar mounts to the front of the vehicle. You may find paint marks which will assist you in refitting once the bushes are replaced. If no paint, apply some so you can see the correct mounting point. I always have a bottle of secretary's correction fluid in my tool box for jobs just like this. Good for identifying the timing marks on the crankshaft pulley. I digress!!!!

4. Slacken off both sway bar link brackets (3 x 19mm bolts to each bracket).

5. Once loose remove one bracket at a time and slip the new bushes in. If fitting poly bushes lubricate as per manufacturers instructions if req. Retighten bracket ensuring the stabiliser bar is centralised correctly, use paint marks to assit. Re torque bolts to 46 - 65 ft-lb

6. Reconnect stabiliser rods to sway bar link and re torque nuts to 61-76 ft-lb.

7. Refit engine bash plate.

Edited by Marooncobra

wow couldn't have asked for a better response :) thanks alot! also to address the price question for anyone else who doesnt know, they're cheap! 18 bucks for the pair from the dealer.