daytime module

cyclops

I've tried the steering column switch quick fix.... but my high beams flicker and the DRL module also makes a clattering sound and vibrates when the high beams are on....the DRL is all clean inside....no corrosion.....contacts clean......and cleaning/tweaking the switch didn't cure...... :stickwack: I am sorry to ask again but none of the other headlight posts I searched up mentioned this DRL rattle :crossedwires:

Ahh yes, the DRLCM. If one of your headlights isn't working, go bang the hood/fender by the battery and I bet it'll come on or flicker. Pretty common problem with the Canadian models. I took mine apart to look for any cracks in the solder but it looked fine. Ended up buying a new one from a stealershp for bout $120. Plugged it in and it works, no more hassle. Headlights are pretty important, so I just gave in and did it. Thats probably not much difference than the ticket you could get for 1 headlight not working anyways.

cool daftpup....me thinks you mean the plug right at the light eh.....funny thing LD50.....I got "baja" lights exactly where yours are in case the high beams conk out

My DRL module in my old truck went out on me. No DRL's at all. Then I was doing as LD50 said, banging on the pass side fender to get my lights to work.

I found out that the headlight ground on one side (can't remember which) actually runs to the DRL module. That was causing my issue. I spliced it out, and ran a separate ground to the body, and had no issues after that.

If it happens to my current truck, I'll do the exact same thing.