Thanks 88pathoffroad

Salem95XE

So....a big thanks to some "masked-man" by the name of 88pathoffroad for leading me to this site while I was out to dinner at the local Sizzler the other night. I came out to what I initially thought was one of those "Sorry I hit your truck" memos stuck to my windshield, only to find that it was actually a "Hey check this site out" note....so HERE I AM!

Anyway, here's my question....hopefully someone here knows the answer:

What flywheel should I use on a vg33 swap into my 95XE? I haven't had the ability to measure the difference between the 2 flywheels....primarily because I'm still driving my Pathy. I'm super-charging the 3.3, so I will obviously want the most holding power possible to support the added torque/hp. Any ideas on which combo will fit? I'm not opposed to a Fidanza/ACT type unit either...just need to know, hopefully in advance....what will fit.

Thanks in advance.

Well, welcome to the site! As for which clutch to use, you may be just fine with factory. Some of the Frontiers came with a 5-speed and the clutch does just fine(buddy of mine had one). A ACT clutch would be a nice alternative also(used one on my 91 Z). I am not sure about using a lightened flywheel or aluminum though. There has been some discussion on whether it would actually help or not(used aluminum Fidanza on the Z). It should fit onto the pathfinder trans as they are almost the same. I dont have exact numbers here in front of me, but I will do some searching.

Thanks for the info (and the welcome). I would be just fine with using a stock-type clutch setup off the 3.3....provided everything will fit correctly(not sure). I'm primarily concerned with starter-to-flywheel differences vs the 3.0 stuff. I just want to have all the correct pieces.....and make sure that I buy the correct clutch assy... before I pull the Pathy apart. I know I'll run into surprises along the way. However, whatever I can minimize, the better off I'll be. :)

I was finally able to measure a 3.0 flywheel....so now I just need to get my hands on a 3.3 flywheel and see how similar they are. This is going to be fun ;)

I would be weary about using a lightweight flywheel. VG33 needs all the help it can get with momentum at low engine speeds. You may find the Pathy a sluggish old toad when trying to climb hills....even with the charger on top. I've ran into that issue before.