HEAD BLIND-PLUG REPAIR

Xmas

I notice before the purchase of my *new-owner today* Pathy that it was leaking anti-freeze.

The seller said he did replace the water pump and radiator and he was unaware of this small leak.

So I was hoping it was just a hose leak.

After coming home and taking off the skid plate, there was no hose loose.

What I ran across was looking at the HEAD BLIND-PLUG.

It states that I have to take off the front timing belt covers, timing belt, upper camshaft timing gears and the rear belt cover/dust shield to get to it.

Is it really this bad?

I think this maybe the problem. All the antifreeze was sitting inside the skid plate.

How long of a job like this take? I mean to see if its just the HEAD BLIND-PLUG? Thanks

Ok, I cleaned up all around the engine and timing cover area.

No leaks on the hoses.

All I see are drips coming from right here:

(Please see the video)

th_P1020346.jpg

Anyone want to take a wack to see what is the problem? Guess?

Rig has 156K

Original owner said he replaced the water pump and radiator this past year.

looks like W/P area...there a weep hole on the underside of the snout on the pump...thats where it would be coming from unless its a gasket...if its all gummy/wet there then its the pump...it could also be the t stat housing or a couple small hoses back behind the t belt housing...does the w/p look new...and how long ago was this belt and pump done...

its not completely impossible that a brand new pump would start leaking...my buddy had 1 do that on his camaro and it wasnt reman it was brand new nad started leaking 2 days later with bad bearings...luckly its not as bad as the nissan one to do