Torsion...

protodiarko7

today i tried to crank my torsion bars to level the truck. when i cranked it, i got absolutely no lift. and reverse- i got no drop either. what it did do is increase the camber of the front wheels, the top of the wheel is leaning out a whole lot now. which i'm sure isn't good for tread life. i followed 88's how to to crank them, and it was easy to do, but no lift. =(

help?

I assume you lifted the truck off the ground (front end) if so they yes did you move the truck after it was dropped back down...this willl change that camber a little bit...did you happen to measure from the ground to the wheel well height on the fender? that will be where you see the difference you may not notice it by eye...

also the bars could be sagging so bad that you need to reindex them

I have not read 88's write up but I'm sure he mentioned that you need a back wrench b/c if not you will just be cranking the bolt and it wont do any adjustments...

ohh yea btw

Geaux Tires :hide::beer:

Edited by unccpathfinder

ehh we all do things wrong now and again...sometimes it hurts more than others...

did you break the jamb nut free on the top side of the torsion bolt? like you have the end facing you (the ground) and it goes through the X member...then you have a nut on the bottom side and should have 1 right above that (its the jamb nut to keep it from backing off due to vibration) loosen the jamb nut up a could threads then put a back wrench on the other one (bottom nut on the top side of the X member) while holding that crank the one facing you...if you tighten it it should give you lift...

to make sure its turning you can mark the threads so you have a visual...I htink about 10 full revolutions is about 1/2" of lift or so