okay- here's the deal.

protodiarko7

i guess it doesn't, but i take pride in my trucks. so i want it to be pretty. B)

but i'll get it fixed! :itsallgood:

arg. the work ahead.

anyone want to come to alabama and help? please?

My suggestion is... if it's gonna be a wheelin truck... cover the rust with dirt

• 2 weeks later...
sounds kinda like my Pathy when I first bought it as well...Now a grand or so later (due mostly to the lift) and she's turned into something I am really attached too...

Therefore, I say fix it. The majority of the work you can do yourself without spending a lot $$$. The rust stuff is really no big deal. All you need is a few sheets of steel from a local hardware store, a grinder, and a welder. Problem solved! If the tranny quits on you (not that I am saying it will), that will of course be a bigger problem...but you could probably get your hands on a Pathy 5spd for a couple hundred bucks. Like redfinder said...change the tranny fluid...and also add an external tranny cooler, and you will hopefully extend the life of your transmission.

you mention an external oil cooler on a 5 spd. stadard transmission. i've never heard of such a thig. perhaps if this is somethig new i'd love to hear about it.