Speaker Wire

sleepysal

Newbie question.I am installing a stereo in my 92 and am wondering if I would run into any problems if ran the rear speakers straight off of the head unit. I'm using a harnnes kit but want to by pass the rear amp.

Wont hurt anything, bypassing those stock amps will save you alot of backround hiss.

COOL thanks . So all I need to do use is the neg(-), constant /swithed pos(+)and front speaker wires off of the new wire harnness and hook up rear speakers direct?

not sure I quite follow that statement but you should have a + and - for each speaker 2 rear and 2 front...so 8 wires total (4 + and 4 -)

not sure I quite follow that statement but you should have a + and - for each speaker 2 rear and 2 front...so 8 wires total (4 + and 4 -)

Sorry what I mean is I have a wire harness adapter ( after market) and I wanted to by pass the rear amp

the harness is a 2 pice unit one is neg, pos switched ,pos constant , remote power, and front speakers, the other is rear speakers and rear amp .

So what I was asking is will there be any problems if I just connect the negative (black), the two (red and yellow) positives and front speakers wires (gray gray/black white white/ black ) th

and wire the rear spekers directly to the after market stereo ?

Thanks again Sal

Edited by sleepysal

Sorry what I mean is I have a wire harness adapter ( after market) and I wanted to by pass the rear amp

the harness is a 2 pice unit one is neg, pos switched ,pos constant , remote power, and front speakers, the other is rear speakers and rear amp .

So what I was asking is will there be any problems if I just connect the negative (black), the two (red and yellow) positives and front speakers wires (gray gray/black white white/ black ) th

and wire the rear spekers directly to the after market stereo ?

Thanks again Sal

Yes that is correct! you got it by da balls, good luck!