more problems

KnightRyder

ok ive already posted my problem about the Pathfinder not shifting in the 96 and up section, but now i have an even bigger problem, no start. actually its just not that it doesnt start, it doesnt really do anything. i figured id reset the computer today so i disconnected the neg battery cable and waitied a little while, once i reconnected it i went to crank and got just the click click click noise. i crawled up under there and tried to jump the starter, but it still didnt start. After messing with it a little more, i went to crank again and i got one click then nothing. whith the ignition on none of the little lights in the cluster were on (seat belt, air bag, etc) and the power door locks wouldnt even work. if i disconnect and reconnect the battery i can use the door locks and all the little indicator lights come on again but as soon as i try to crank it clicks once then everything doesnt work again. also, the fuel pump doesnt come on either when all this happens, if at all. i checked all the fuses, and the battery is fine, but i have no other idea what to look for. my only guess is somethings wrong with the computer. sorry to type so much but its driving me crazy, and im missin work until i can fix it, any help would be awesome, thanks.

Sounds like a bad ground. Pathy starters are VERY picky on that issue. Maybe when you disconnected the terminal the first time, you pulled the other end of the wire loose from the ground.....I'd check, clean, and retighten the main ground, and see if it starts then.

Good luck

ok i messed around with it some more and got it to start, as i was workin on it i was thinking about maybe something like that. still had a problem shifting at first, but then it rode ok. now all i really need to do is figure out why it doesnt like to shift correctly, it bein an automatic i figure it must be some computer related issue, but i guess it could be the actual tranny, thanks for the help.

I went and bought a new neg. battery cable and installed it. so far its made a big difference at idle, and no problems so far, i didnt notice how cracked and aged my exhisting cable was.