Black Smoke

Soccerstudd5

So, I went home this weekend (from college) and left the pathy here and took the girl friend's car, and when I got back I was going to check on it, but the battery's dead. I put a new one in at the end of the summer and I didn't leave any lights on. I don't see how it could be an alternator because it ran when I parked it and when I went to drive it again, it was dead. The only thing I've recently done to it is install a new windshield wiper fluid reservoir, but that was a week ago and I don't know how that could've played a factor. I need to get someone to jump it when it stops raining and see if it'll start and check the codes and take it to autozone maybe to get the battery checked. I just didn't know if anyone had any ideas for me. You guys usually do! Thanks!

The only thing I could think of is that the problems I've been having are electrical and maybe the CPU is going out?

Edited by Soccerstudd5

Replaced the battery (still under warranty so it was free) and it started right up, but still the same idling and smoking problem. I ran the diagnostic check and got the code 55 for "No Malfunction" but there obviously is somewhere. Could it be as simple as a problem with the choke? And if so, how would something like that be fixed? I know how to fix it on a carberated vehicle, but not FI.

Hoping this won't take much longer or it's going to be out! I love the pathy when it runs, but I'm getting sick of pouring money into it to keep it running instead of upgrading it like I want to.

Thanks!