Oil Change...how To?

RXEight

Hi,

I (actually its my wifes) have a 06 Pathfinder SE. I am looking to change the oil this weekend. I had the first few services done at the dealer but this time I have the time to do it myself. Are there any things specific or unusual about the PF that could help me out, or tips that anyone could share. i few questions that I do have: Any oil or filter that you recomend? Can this be done without jacking it up? Is there a crush washer on the drain plug, and should this be replaced with the change?

BTW, I have changed oil before on my car, a Mazda RX-8.

Also, I searched and found nothing, if there is a good thread on this I would appreciate the link.

Thanks,

this shouldn't be any different then any other vehicle. there is no one time use washer on the drain plug.. if there is one on your truck for some reason, it would be copper - so check for that.

i like synthetic oil myself.. check your owner's manual for all the other data.

Thanks guys,

I changed the oil on Saturday pretty easy and straight forward.

One tip for anyone else changing the oil, there is a 3x5 inch plate on the skid plate directly under the filter which I think is to let the excess from the oil filter drain out. Take this off before the change or else there is a big mess when you take the filter off.

I used a purolator pure-one filter.