Could This Be The End?

grie78

my frame snapped this morning on my way into work, pulling out of a parking spot. both sides. here's pics of the damage. it's been suggested, since I don't have $$ for a replacement, to have the frame welded at a shop. my question for you all is: is it worth it at this point?

both pics are angled for best shot, and are at the front of both rear wheels.

DSCN3387.jpg

driver side.

DSCN3389.jpg

pass. side.

Yeah, a couple hundred bucks and you can have her back on the road. They'll have to basically box in the rear section of frame. Not difficult. If the rest of the truck is in good shape, it's probably worth it.

the rest of the truck is in varying degrees of dissarray. after talking to a few of the other machinists here at work, the general consensus is that it'll make the 8 mile drive home, but after that: FUBAR. the pics can't show a whole lot, but there isn't much frame to weld to. now that both sides broke, they have left a much larger gap in the frame than I thought I had. it's been a fun ride, and one of my favorites (considering this is vehicle #14 since my first in '97 - only 3 were lost to accidents). should the fates be so kind, I will definitely buy another Pathy down the road. I GREATLY appreciate all the assistance from the members here, over the last year. I couldn't have asked for more helpful and knowledgeable ideas from people that truly care about their vehicles.

Eric