Suspension Ques.

grie78

o-kay, here goes.

while I was on the ground, about to change the front stabilizer connecting rods, I noticed something else that had broken on my truck. what is the purpose of the compression rod that attaches to the back side of the control arm?

from appearances, the one on the driver's side has been busted for much longer than the year and a half I've owned my Pathy. the one on the passenger side, however, is not busted, but instead the frame (where the end bolts through) is cracked. now, I'm sure it is an important part, but how is it that I went so long and didn't feel anything major in the suspension? up until Mon. everything was fine. then the pass. side conn. rod snapped off, and my steering controls (only when going around a curve to the left at speeds of 45mph+) all went to sh|t.

if the compression rod has been busted for this long, what are the possible repurcussions of leaving it alone. I'd like to replace them, if they're bad, but with the frame's stability in question as far as making it another couple of years, I don't know if I even want to keep putting money into this truck. it's just discouraging to have yet another vehicle I like to "nickel and dime" me to death.

I'd welcome any opinions on this matter, or even words of encouragement.

Eric

you have to fix that to drive it. My tension rod on my pathy broke without warning about 2 years ago, and just now my drivers side one is about to go. I just ordered a new one + bushings for it from A/C for about 70 bux shipped. My frame is also pretty scary looking, but ive got a quote to get it patched up properly for about 400 bux.