Engine Code P0138

natedawg

Is the engine idling up to around 2000rpm when you're out of gear? I cleared the code on mine and the error hasn't come back once.

Not that i have noticed, but i will look at that today. i reset when the other one went bad about a year ago and it came back. I'll take the battery off and check, to see if it comes back

Just thought i would let everyone know, it is the gray one, there are four red, blue, white, and gray. its hard to determine when you call nissan because the service manual has the colors as or/ and or/l for that code.

Edited by natedawg

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys got a service engine soon light. Its bank 1 sensor 2, i know its o2 sensors my only question is red one or blue one. thanks for the help.

Hi

These Japanese vehicles will throw a code driving thru a tollbooth. If your truch runs good and isn't real thirsty don't worry.

My SES light has tripped intermittently for over a year. I had a buddy scan it and it turned out to be a "soft code". He told me not to fret as long as it was purring. I'ts possible I could have a bad gas cap or even a wonky 02 sensor but I'm not about to go swapping in and out if it's running fine.