Another One

Jdpathy

if it threw a rod. more n likely you will see the carnage if it fought its way out of the block.

sorry to hear of another "death" in the pathy family :(

if it threw a rod. more n likely you will see the carnage if it fought its way out of the block.

sorry to hear of another "death" in the pathy family :(

yea but that carnage always seems to hide from view.....which sucks to find a huge ass hole in your block later during the tear-down....

no i am thinking a toyota tacoma or something like that, nissan has been good but toyota tacomas have always been my dream vehicle, update though, it wasn't a thrown rod but i think the pistons like expanded or something, so i am just gonna slowly figure out whether or not is worth salvaging. problem was that it drained itself of oil over a 160 mile period and i didn't notice. the weird part was that i can't find a leak that substantial, so idk

i checked the oil level as we were leaving blue ridge reservoir near payson, and drove home about 130 miles, the next day i headed up to town, and as i neared dosie pit road which is about halfway to town it started to act a little strange kinda like it might be running out of gas which was possible cause it was very low and i was on my way to fill it up. so i tried to nurse it along till the turnoff, but it lost all of its power and started like knocking, and thumping, i pulled off the highway, and it stalled, i got out to see if i could see an obvious problem, i didn't see anything. so i started it back up and nursed the pounding out of the engine and was able to creep it up to the turnoff in 1st gear. i went to a spot that was relatively flat and checked the fluids and there was no oil on the dipstick, i ended up putting like 5 quarts in, so somehow it emptied itself very quickly, but i cannot find any sign of a leak that substantial. i went to start it back up and it started but the rough knocking and pounding was back, i tried to give it gas and nurse it back to health but it wasnt to interested in that. so I somehow started to edge it back toward the highway, i know pretty dumb. it wouldn't go and almost ended up in a ditch directly behind me and i was on a hill by now so that was exciting. i managed to get it uphill a couple feet till I could coast it onto a parking spot behind me a little ways. I left it and hitchhiked to town with some christian and his backsliding baptist friend haha. the next afternoon i grabbed a tow dolly, and headed up to go retrieve the miserable beast, and I managed to drive it up onto the tow dolly, but i forgot to disconnect something, and I had to take it back off, so hen I as ready to get back on the dolly it did not have enough power to make it, and ran really rough like an accentuated diesel under extremely low rpms, so i spent an hour winching it up on to the dolly with my hilift jack.

towed it home and that is a story in itself.

sunday the symptoms were no power, knocking, pounding, it ran better with the radiator cap off, no water in the oil or vice versa. and that is pretty much it. there was no bearing noise. its kinda hard to explain