Ecu Issues

avaholic

so my pathys been having problems when i accelerate...it'll surge and @!*% when i give it gas, especially, it seems, in second gear. put the ECU in mode 3, and pulled code 11, crankshaft angle sensor, so i put it on mode 5 to do live test to see if it was messing up, and i got nothing, and now on mode 3 i got 55...no malfunction, but its still acting up. i passed tests on all the other modes....any ideas? im thinkin maybe the ECU is busted or somethin but i really have no idea

You may have cleared the codes accidentally. If the same error code comes back up, whatever the ECU indicates is most likely the problem. Check your electrical connectors at the distributor, make sure the pins are not corroded and the connector goes together tightly. Also make sure your distributor ground wire is solid.

i pulled the terminal things off the ECU and brushed them up a bit, got all the dirt out, and its been (strangely) running fine since, although i anticipate the problem recurring. ill check out the distributor stuff though :suicide: