Engine Mounts?

Can anyone tell me what the symptoms of a bad engine mount are?

Any instruction on the board on how to R&R one? Tried to do a search but turned up nothing.

Thanks!

vibration of the motor is a good indicator, or a feeling of "imbalance" when driving over rough road, sometimes if it is completely busted it can actually jump a bit and clunk on landing.. they are easy enough to check, with a bright flashlight and a good eye.

if a motor mount is broken, replace it.

vibration of the motor is a good indicator, or a feeling of "imbalance" when driving over rough road, sometimes if it is completely busted it can actually jump a bit and clunk on landing.. they are easy enough to check, with a bright flashlight and a good eye.

if a motor mount is broken, replace it.

Thanks but what am I looking for?

A crack or fluid leaking?

Thanks but what am I looking for?

A crack or fluid leaking?

motor mounts are not fluid filled, they are solid metal with a boot lookin thing on em...... so you are looking for broken or missing bolts, separation of the mount from the frame, or broken off from the actual engine block :)

edit* there are 2 bolts that mount the motor mount to the frame, and 2 (or 3) more to the engine block. ;) (14mm)

here's a pic of a motor mount....

Edited by Slick

Ah, okay, thanks!

I know some mounts are hydraulic in nature so will leak fluid when they go bad. Mine are wet so it must be a leak from somewhere else.

I'll give it a better look later.

Thanks!

what side is "wet"?

Driver side.

meh, could be a lot of stuff.... leaky VC, RMS, residue from an oil change. i wouldn't worry about it unless you notice visible leaks on the motor...... all my motor mounts have crap stuck to em... they seem to be in a real good spot to get pooped on lol