Lift Issues

norcalnissan

I bought my pathfinder with a rancho lift kit on it and it's missing a couple pieces, i.e. shims and what not. I'm not familiar with lifts quite yet so I was wondering what else should I be looking for if I know the some shims are missing?

I bought my pathfinder with a rancho lift kit on it and it's missing a couple pieces, i.e. shims and what not. I'm not familiar with lifts quite yet so I was wondering what else should I be looking for if I know the some shims are missing?

:blink: best thing to do is take pics of the susp and post em up. then we can tell you what's missing.. which is a really scary thought... the thought you are driving a truck that has "stuff" missing........ who installed the lift?

:blink: best thing to do is take pics of the susp and post em up. then we can tell you what's missing.. which is a really scary thought... the thought you are driving a truck that has "stuff" missing........ who installed the lift?

I don't know who installed it because I bought it with the kit on it. All i know is that it can't be aligned within specs because of the lift and worn bushings and tie rod ends and such......I'll have pictures up soon.

Alignment shims are something an alignment shop installs, they're not lift kit parts. If you need longer bolts to get it aligned, you'll have to find some. Replacement bolts should be 14mm x 1.5 x 60 or 70 mm length(as measured from the shoulder of the head to the tip of the bolt). I found some locally at a tractor supply and farm store. If longer bolts aren't needed, then the alignment shop should be putting shims in for you after you take care of the UCA bushings and tie rod ends.

i have the same issue with king (alignment) due to a bracket (location).... we can not get the camber 100% spot on.... but as aaron said, shims are just for your cast/camber adjustment.....they put them in, they taketh out ......... ;) i have the maximum allowed (factory) and it's still not 100% due to my feisty little bracket..